Every day there are cases of gang rape, brutal murder, protest, demonstrations, online petition. NCRB report highlights that rape vulnerability of a girl or woman has increased up to 44% in the last 10 years. We all blame her for being out late hours, for wearing revealing, western dresses, for being in male company and the list is endless. But what about a three years baby girl and what will she wear?
According to the National Crimes Records Bureau (NCRB), India recorded 88 rape cases every day in 2019.
Reasons behind increasing rape cases:
1) Patriarchal mindset: Human beings are social animals; it is society that shapes their attitudes, thinking and beliefs. Rape exists because of patriarchal misogynistic culture that overlooks it, whether implicitly or explicitly. Patriarchy has conditioned men to believe in their superiority. The males are always considered as more powerful than women, of which they take advantage.
2) Objectification of women by entertainment industries is another reason why males take them for granted. The way women are portrayed in film songs, the words used to describe them are really very disgusting.
3) Delayed punishment: Awarding death penalty is subject to the rarest of rare cases. Death penalty will be pronounced if the crime has been committed in an extremely cruel and dreadful manner. The compulsory death penalty is against the constitutional rights of equality, right to live and personal liberty guaranteed under articles 14 and 21. In case death penalty is granted execution takes ages.
4) Forbidden things are fascinating: In our society people hesitate to discuss about sex or menstruation openly and hide such things from their grownup sons and daughters. The typical conservative mindset of parents and family members restrict their children to interact with the opposite sex.
5) Lack of awareness: Our society, families, schools and institutions fail to bring awareness among children, youths regarding sex, sex related crimes. No proper counseling is provided to grownup boys and girls. The girls cannot share their problems with anyone even if they are bullied, harassed.
6) Lack of Infrastructure: Due to lack of toilet facility women have to go outside for defecation and going out in the evening, or in the night hours is not safe for them. There are many roads, streets, lanes without streetlights, or streetlights are not working which causes darkness. Dark and lonely stretches are best places for any kind of crime, or rape.
BCCI Birthday Bollywood Bollywood Celebrities Bollywood news CarryMinati China Corona Update Coronavirus Coronavirus Vaccine Covid-19 Covid-19 India Delhi Donald Trump Economy India India China FaceOff India China News on Ladakh India Covid-19 Update India Economy Indian Army India Security Forces Jammu and Kashmir LAC Stand-off Ladakh Lockdown Maharashtra Narendra Modi Netflix Pakistan PLA PM Modi President President Donald Trump Prime Minister Narendra Modi Relationship Salman Khan Sushant Singh Rajput TikTok United States USA US President Donald Trump Uttar Pradesh Virat Kohli WHO