If you’re looking for an effective diabetes diet plan in India, you’re in luck. Indian cuisine has a long-standing reputation for preventing and managing various diseases, including diabetes. The key is to choose foods that are high in fibre, protein, and essential nutrients, while also being low in carbs and sugar.
Here’s a breakdown of an Indian diabetes diet plan that you can follow:
Indian Breakfast for Diabetes
Starting your day with the right breakfast can set you up for success. Here are some healthy Indian breakfast options to include in your diabetes diet plan:
- Ragi wheat dosa: Contrary to popular belief, people with diabetes can enjoy dosa as part of their diet. In fact, dosa can be a highly nutritious and delicious breakfast option when made with ingredients that are high in fiber, protein, iron, calcium, carbs, and essential fats.
- Smoothie or fruit bowl: A smoothie made from Greek yogurt, chia seeds, nuts, and fruits can provide a nutrient-packed meal that will leave you feeling satiated for an extended period of time.
- Sprouts: Sprouts are often hailed as one of the best breakfast options for people with diabetes in India. These low-carb sprouts are high in protein, fiber, folate, vitamin K, magnesium, phosphorus, and beta-carotene.
Indian Lunch for Diabetes
Having a balanced and nutritious lunch is essential for diabetes management. Here are some healthy Indian lunch options to consider:
- Big bowl of seasonal veggies
- Atta/ Ragi/ Jowar/ Bajra Rotis
- One portion of meat or poultry
- A glass full of buttermilk (chaanch)
Indian Dinner for Diabetes
For people with diabetes, it’s important to have dinner at least 2 to 3 hours prior to their usual bedtime. Here are some healthy Indian dinner options to consider:
- Bowl of leafy veggies
- 2-3 rotis
- Fresh vegetable or sprout salad
Indian Snacks for Diabetes
It’s important to note that every individual’s body is unique, and there is no one-size-fits-all dietary plan. Therefore, it is crucial to consult with a doctor and a nutritionist before starting any new diet plan to ensure that it is tailored to your specific needs and goals. With the right diabetes diet chart and lifestyle changes, it’s possible to manage diabetes effectively and enjoy a healthy life.
Indian Salads for Diabetes
There are many salad recipes which are full of low (or a least moderate) in carbs and won’t cause a spike in your blood sugar. Here are a few Indian salads that are diabetes-diet friendly.
- Chopped chicken salad
- Keto Cobb Salad
- Cauliflower potato salad
- Cucumber salad
- Mix vegetable salad
In conclusion, if you’re seeking an effective diabetes diet plan in India, you’re in luck. Indian cuisine offers a range of options that can help prevent and manage diabetes. By selecting foods that are rich in fiber, protein, and essential nutrients, while being low in carbs and sugar, you can make significant progress in your diabetes management journey.
Remember, it’s important to consult with healthcare professionals before making any significant changes to your diet or lifestyle. By following a tailored diabetes diet chart and embracing healthy lifestyle changes, you can effectively manage diabetes and enjoy a vibrant and fulfilling life.
Buy BeatO CURV Smartphone Connected Glucometer Machine FREE 10 Strips & 10 Lancets from Flipkart today